One World Bazaar is looking to add to our team. Currently searching for a Warehouse, Maintenance and Display Assistant. It's a great job for a recent grad, or perhaps a new retiree as it's seasonal work Spring - December.
We have a truly wonderful team and look forward to adding this member to the family.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Assist Warehouse Lead with inventory management and warehouse operations
- Keep warehousing spaces organized and sorted
- Implement improvements in warehouse organization, sorting and storage as directed
- Work with the Display Leads on display operations: fasten large pieces in high up locations, assist in the physical needs of display creation, etc.
- Assist in replenishing displays to maximize product turnover during the sale
- Comfortable on a ladder and responsible for taking down products during the sale for
customers at the request of area leads
- Working as directed by Lead to ensure the property and spaces are properly maintained, tidy, and safe
- Assisting in setup for the fall season and assisting vendors with their setups as required
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional customer service while overseeing a department of the business during
our seasonal Fall sale.
- Be a positive and helpful addition to a small organization that is doing great things!
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Extremely self-motivated, a hard worker, and has a knack for doing things efficiently.
- Experience operating and using basic machinery and tools such as: hammers, saws & drills,
riding lawn mower & whipper snipper, post hole diggers, and driving a truck with trailer,
- Strong time management and organization skills required
- Retail experience, display experience and keen attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to changing volumes and pace of work
- Other related experience to the listed duties and responsibilities
Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position’s work tasks.
These include but are not limited to:
- Working outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow)
- Moving awkward and heavy equipment, materials and product
- Frequent climbing and frequent lifting
- Must be able to safely lift loads of 80lbs
-Standing for extended periods of time
The schedule is highly seasonal and dependent on the timing of shipments coming from
- During the spring-early summer anticipate part-time hours 3.5-5 days/week, then
increasing to full-time mid Summer - end of November.
- During the busy seasons (September-November), it may be necessary to work six days a week
There is no public transit to our location; you are required to have your own transportation.
From $16.50/hr + Pursuant to experience.